Sunday, May 29, 2016

Dear Google, please increase your Drive space...

Dear Google,

I'm a huge Google/Android nut, I use calendar/mail/drive to pretty much run my life.  I currently pay $2 a month for 100GB of drive storage which is not enough to store everything I have.  The next plan is 1TB for $10 a month which is way too much for home photos / videos.  If you could create a 500GB plan for $3-5 a month, that would be more reasonable.The other problem I see is that your competition is closing in.  

While I use Google for everything, I buy everything from Amazon.  You are probably aware they are throwing everything but the 'kitchen sink' in with a prime membership.  So for $99 a year ($8.25 a month) I get:

  • Prime Movie / Streaming  Included   vs  Google YouTube Red $10 a month
  • Prime Music   vs  Google Music $10 a month
  • Prime Photo Unlimited No Compression   vs  Google Photo Unlimited ('changes original resolution, I don't want that')
  • Prime Books 800K Included   vs  Google Books purchase eBook separately
  • Free 2 Day shipping   vs   (When Google buys Walmart???)
  • Prime Cloud Storage Unlimited ($60 a year)   vs  Google Drive ($10 a month for only 1 TB)

Here is my point, I love Google services, I use them everyday, but from the comparison above, Amazon is providing a great deal.  If I spent $160 a year ($13 am month) with Amazon, I get movies, music, uncompressed photos, unlimited cloud drive, eBooks and free 2 day shipping.  To get something comparable to Google, I would need to spend $360 a year ($30 a month), and that's only for 1TB of drive including YouTube Red and Music. Google, I have posted this request before, I have chatted with service reps and asked repeatedly for increased drive space on your plans.  You leave me with no choice, but if you do not give us the option for larger cheaper drive storage, I have no choice but to take my business to Amazon services.  Thank you for your time.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment